bbdb-user

BBDB on Android

From: Bob Newell
Subject: BBDB on Android
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:40:06 -1000

I've been experimenting with making my Android tablet into a
productivity tool. I installed Termux (a free app) and the
associated EMACS (and other) packages.

I'm pleased to say that BBDB works perfectly with no changes
needed. This would have been a deal-breaker. rsync is
available so I can sync with my laptops and desktop.

GNUS also works with just a couple of changes (msmtp wasn't
available so I had to change my outgoing mail code a
little). In fact I've reproduced something like 98% of my
EMACS working environment, and since I live in EMACS, my
Android is now useful for things beyond watching YouTube.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i