bibledit-general

[be] Re: about BE and my meetings with Alkitab.Sabda.org

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] Re: about BE and my meetings with Alkitab.Sabda.org
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 06:31:24 +0200

Hi Phil,

On the matter of the Online Bible, it runs under wine. Move information
about that is on http://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/, search for
"Online Bible" to find the information that will help you running it on
wine.

Reading what you mention about Bible translation through the web for
those countries, there is definitely a great need there, and there is a
lot to be done.

I would agree with Marc that creating a web based translation
environment would be a huge amount of work, and that sticking with
GoogleDocs might be the way forward right now. What could be done
though, for a start, it to create an environment on the web that pulls
together existing resources on the web, such as GoogleDocs as the
editor, the sites that you mention as resources, and so on. That way the
translators get sort of their own online desktop when they log in from
any place on earth.

Please feel free to make a task out of that, and I'll comment on that
task, so that our discussion gets preserved and others can chip in as
well.

Teus.