bibledit-general

[be] help with 64bit install

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: [be] help with 64bit install
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 21:59:35 -0600

Hi,

I have tried to compile Bibledit 4.1 as normal. I have done this many times with 32bit Ubuntu and LinuxMint. But now I am trying 64bit for the first time.

After ./configure and make were both successful upon
sudo make install
I get this:
i386 architecture of input file `bookdata.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [bibledit-gtk] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oreo/bibledit-gtk-4.1/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Is there a work around for this?
Would it be possible to compile a .deb version for 4.1 soon?
Would installing from a deb work better?

Thanks,
Phil

--
Oreo Phil         479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.