bibledit-general

Re: [be] Sharing notes between machines

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Sharing notes between machines
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:48:38 +0200

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 16:02 +0200, Tim Beckendorf wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to share notes on two machines. I've
> tried exporting notes but I consistently receive the error: no such
> column: ref_osis.

This is probably a bug in the export. The export routines have been
looked at last many years ago.

> I've copied the data directory from the notes
> directory into the notes directory on the second machine but for some
> reason BE doesn't access them.

It would access them if the index were removed, and then Bibledit
started, so that it creates a new index. The index is at
~/.bibledit/notes/index.sql.

> I'm using BE 4.0 on both machines.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A great method to share the notes between more than one machine would be
to use a remote repository where the notes are connected with. Then each
machine can do Notes / Send/receive, and update the repository and get
updated. Setup of the repo works the same as for setting up sharing of
Bible texts. There is a selection at the start of the Remote repository
assistant where one can select the project notes so that these get set
up rather than the Bible text.

Hope it works,

Teus