bibledit-general

Re: [be] Bibledit-general Digest, Vol 55, Issue 24

From: David Gardner
Subject: Re: [be] Bibledit-general Digest, Vol 55, Issue 24
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:22:17 +0300

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 06:22:11PM -0700, Mark Duling wrote:

> I don't get this either.  I've seen linking problems with stuff
> duplicated in / usr, but I can't understand why a manual install works if
> it links against all the same macports libraries, as it does when you
> install it from macports.

I don't know in mac has an equivalent to linux's ldd command (lists
dynamicly linked libraries), but that might check if there are actually
any differences. (just to be sure, I'd probably capture the output from the
ldd on the 2 programs and run diff on them).

There MUST be a difference between the 2 binaries...

Another thought.... it isn't that macports are using a different
optimisation level is it? On ARM I had a crash because GCC optimised
something important away.

David