bibulus-dev

[Bibulus-dev] ICU

From: Thomas M. Widmann
Subject: [Bibulus-dev] ICU
Date: 08 Sep 2003 22:09:51 +0100

Hi!

I'm wondering whether IBM's ICU (search for "ICU" in Google) should be
used as standard in Bibulus.  ICU can do a lot of things, but of
relevance to us would be sorting and perhaps transliteration.

However, perhaps ICU is overkill if we mainly need it for sorting (ICU
is ~8MB compressed).  Furthermore, the Perl interface to ICU is not
finished AFAIK.

What do you all think?

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann          Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
address@hidden              <http://www.nongnu.org/bibulus/>