bino-list

Re: [Bino-list] SubTitles?

From: Joe
Subject: Re: [Bino-list] SubTitles?
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 04:15:30 +0200

Hi!

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 22:15:30 Martin Lambers wrote:
> A little progress: with the attached patch (based on your code, but with
> the aforementioned changes), subtitles are now read, decoded, and
> assigned to the correct video frames. But they are not rendered yet,
> just printed to the console for debugging.

I finally merged your patch and also reworked subtitles rendering according to
your comments. So now there is _input_subtitle texture that is prepared in
prepare_next_frame and than blended into _color_srgb_tex in
display_current_frame. Hope this is what you wanted.

Can you please test the new code and see if subtitles are rendered without
OpenGL errors now? The only problem I see is alpha blending of video and
subtitle textures - result is very dark.
The problematic code seems to be here:
https://github.com/cuchac/bino/blob/master/src/video_output.cpp#L766

I think texture is created correctly in ARGB with transparent background and
problem is in blending function, but I don't know how to fix it.

Bye,
Joe.