bino-list

[Bino-list] macbook/HDMI 1.4 stereo3D

From: Dougherty, Matthew T
Subject: [Bino-list] macbook/HDMI 1.4 stereo3D
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 16:59:58 -0600

Hi,

I recently bought a macbook pro, it has an HDMI connection.
Connected to an Epson 3010 projector, I can generate 720p side-by-side-stereo
3D imagery.

The projector can produce 1080p stereo 3D imagery using a BluRay player because
the epson projector implements HDMI 1.4a (ie, frame packing 1080p24).

Apple is at war with bluray, so they do not support BD, so this stereo 3D HDMI
implementation on MacBook pro hdmi is unknown.

Can anyone point me in a direction to determine this?
And if it works, what API calls are needed in my application sw to output HDMI
frame packing.

thanks, Matthew