bino-list

[Bino-list] Mismatched screens

From: Scott Stark
Subject: [Bino-list] Mismatched screens
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 16:29:35 -0600

Hello, I'm testing out Bino on a Mac with two Quicktime clips. I want each to appear on its own screen/monitor/projector. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the complete single image to appear on each monitor.

Here's my setup:
http://hi-beam.net/temp/bino1.jpg

And here's the way the images appear in one monitor, and not at all in the other:
http://hi-beam.net/temp/bino3.jpg

While playing with this on a Windows machine, I was having the same problem until I matched the resolution of both monitors, and then it seemed to work well. Does that make sense?

Has anyone done this on a Mac? I'm having trouble getting matching resolutions. I have a Retina display on my laptop and a Cinema display on the other monitor. (Retina does not show the actual resolution.)

One other question:

It's important that the two clips stay in sync while I have looping turned on, but Bino seems to be chopping off the front parts of both clips to keep them in sync. In my test, I have a 3 sec clip and a 5 sec clip, both with titles. Bino seems to have lopped off the titles of both, and the first two seconds of the longer one.

Is that what's supposed to happen?

Thanks so much from a new user.

best,
Scott