bkchem-user

Re: [Bkchem-user] BKChem .svg and LibreOffice

From: I-Yuan Chiang
Subject: Re: [Bkchem-user] BKChem .svg and LibreOffice
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 13:28:21 +0800

Dear BKchem users,

As I know, LibreOffice will be the default Office package in some Linux distro (to replace OOo).

ibus on Linux is an important input frame for some Asian languages, but currently, ibus and LibreOffice 3.3 has a conflict (cannot type any word on LibreOffice 3.3 via ibus).

I hope the software conflict can be solved soon. Otherwise, we need to use different input method for our language.

Thus, I always export chemical drawing to odg files for more editing work.

By the way, in Taiwan, we have a free software distro call "Ezgo", which consists of a lot of educational software. Sure, BKchem is the default software for 2D chemical structure drawing. I would like the thank all people who contribute to BKchem.

Best,

I-Yuan Chiang
BKchem translator for Traditional Chinese-Taiwan.