blug-announcement

[BLUG-announcement] Hello from FOSSASIA

From: Hong Phuc Dang
Subject: [BLUG-announcement] Hello from FOSSASIA
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 19:39:19 +0100

Dear all my friends at Blug,

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and a great start of 2017 :). I would like to follow up on our conversation at the last meeting when I was in Beijing. We talked about organizing a Science Hack event together in March 2017. I wonder if you guys are still up for it, I plan to bring over some FOSSASIA speakers to Beijing at that time. Below is some information I want to share with you:

Proposed date for Science Hack: March 25 - 26, 2017

Required resources to make it possible
1. Venue (often sponsored by Fablab, Makerspace, or local companies)
2. Food and drinks (2 lunches, snacks for Sat & Sun, to be covered by local sponsors)
3. Awards & Medals (sometimes local companies would provide small gifts)

**Note: 1) venue is the most important resource, preferably a place that allows people to sleep over for an overnight hack but it is totally fine if it is not possible 2) If we can't find sponsor for food and drinks, participants can also pay for themselves based on our previous experiences.

Standard Schedule
Friday, Day 0 (pre-event)
19:30 - 21:00 Pitches and team building

Saturday, Day 1
10:30 Arrive and Check-in
11:00 - 11:15 Official Opening
11:15 - 12:00 Lightning talks & Team building
12:00 Hack begins
19:00 Door closes

Sunday, Day 2
10:00 Door opens
11:00 Hack continues
15:00 Hack stops. Teams submit their work to the Hack Pad**
15:30 Hack demos begin
17:00 Announce winning teams

Previous Science Hack organized by FOSSASIA for your reference
Belgaum event page: http://sciencehack.in

Also, our FOSSASIA Summit 2017 will take place in Singapore on March 17 - 19, 2017. It would be awesome to see you there. Do check out our call for speakers 2017.fossasia.org/speaker-registration

Cheers,

-Hong Phuc

Hong Phuc Dang
FOSSASIA Founder