bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] www.pclinuxonline.com hacked by Iranians, what a shame!

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] www.pclinuxonline.com hacked by Iranians, what a shame!!
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:44:49 +0300

On Wednesday 07 April 2004 01:05, Arash Partow wrote:
> A quick search on google for K-A(IRANIAN HACKERS) shows they've
> done some other sites as well. This is probably another reason
> why one should go to openbsd for server.

C'mmon, let's not turn this in to a distro/OS war. I have nothing
against *BSDs, I certainly applaud the work of the OpenBSD team, and
their apprach to security, But this has nothing to do with the OS.
There certainly are specialized versions of Linux that are very secure,
like NASA's version.

And I personally don't agree with many of Theo de Raadt's extreme
ideas...

> In any case they are
> not hackers or crackers they are just simple script kiddies
> with too much time on their hands.

Agreed, even cracking needs a certain level of knowledge. Breaking the
DRM of a music format is for example, cracking. These are just script
kiddies.

> Noting some sites that have been hacked by them, the thing
> in common with all these sites was php-nuke...

PHP-Nuke is desined with insecurity in mind :-)