bokeep-devel

[Bokeep-devel] No longer need to set PYTHONPATH when developing bo-keep

From: Mark Jenkins
Subject: [Bokeep-devel] No longer need to set PYTHONPATH when developing bo-keep source
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 16:05:17 -0500

With this
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/bokeep/rev/4bfbd0bfdd4d commit  I've
made it possible to do bo-keep development in the source directory
without having to add ./src to PYTHONPATH.

The bo-keep executable now looks for a directory named src in the same
directory of the bo-keep as a way of checking that its running within a
source tree. (in contrast with being in ./bin of some installation
path). If src is found, it is added to the python search path.

This is especially handy for anyone who has both a production
installation in /opt/ and a development tree as well. Even more handy if
you maintain multiple branches via hg clone. Just execute the bo-keep
executable from the one you're working on.

I did make one mistake in the above commit. Can anyone spot it?
For the answer to that trivia question, my fix here
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/bokeep/rev/67aca73b924b

Mark