bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Echo keystrokes

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Echo keystrokes
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:10:32 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>>
>>> I'm not following. Reproduce what, exactly? The space is not there
>>> when I have it set to 1. Nothing is displayed.
>>
>> Yeah, that's what I meant.  If nothing is displayed even
>> though `echo-keystrokes' is 1, that is a bug and I cannot
>> reproduce it in Emacs 22.  I _can_ reproduce it in Emacs 21.
>
> Okay, I'll research this some more. It could be that the space thing
> is a result of a workaround fix in Emacs 22.

Yeah, that seems likely.

> I don't know why it's not working for me, for values >= 1
> of `echo-keystrokes'.

I tried some different values in Emacs 21 while playing
something using the mpg123 backend.  I found that around 0.78
the behavior was interesting:  Prefixes showed up in the echo
area after some pretty random amount of seconds.

Here's my theory:  Process filters run about every 0.78
seconds using the mpg123 backend.  The prefix only shows up
in the echo area after `echo-keystrokes' seconds have passed
without being interrupted by a process filter.

Well, something like that.

> What version of Emacs are you using? I have emacs-snapshot-gtk on
> Debian testing:
>
>     GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20) of
>     2007-02-08 on pacem, modified by Debian

GNU Emacs 22.0.92.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2007-01-14 on pacem, modified by Debian

Hang on, I'll update and try that verison.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>