bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Too slow...

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Too slow...
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 04:31:28 +0100

Dieter Deyke <address@hidden> writes:

> I hate to be the one who is always complaining and whining, but...

You have yet to do any complaining or whining.

On the contrary, everything you've said on this list has
been constructive, and you're always helpful and responsive.

> Did anything change in the last couple of days which would
> make Bongo need more horsepower?

I think the only thing that changed in the last couple of
days is that we added the icons.

> I have a 400 MHz Debian system which was doing fine with Bongo
> before, but now the music gets interrupted by random pauses.
> top shows about 10% user CPU, but the music still skips.
> Using XMMS instead of Emacs/VLC is fine.

What about using (1) standalone VLC (`vlc -I rc foo.ogg'),
and (2) noninteractive VLC (see `bongo-vlc-interactive')?

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>