bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] MPlayer backend code removed

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] MPlayer backend code removed
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:51:23 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> So do you know whether GStreamer would work?  For example,
> what if you apply this patch to Bach (assuming you have
> configured GNOME to play audio using the remote ESD).

Actually no, GNOME plays sound locally since the speaker machine
isn't always up.  I select the output mode manually for each
program.

But thanks for the patch, I'll test it with Bach and see if it
works.

>> VLC's support for esd just doesn't work for me, I never managed to
>> make it use a remote esd server even though everything appears to be
>> configured properly.

> Would you like to file a bug report?

I like to send detailed bug reports so I'll have to dig a bit in the
code to see what's happening.  But yeah, definitely.  When I have
the time.  :-)

> Well, mpg321 has always supported pausing and seeking.

> So is there anything mpg321 doesn't support?

Ogg files?

>> ogg123 works with esd too, but doesn't have elapsed/total time info,
>> which makes it somewhat useless.

> This is where you probably meant to say ``and (now) pausing''.

Right.