bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] MPlayer backend code removed

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] MPlayer backend code removed
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:49:03 +0200

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So do you know whether GStreamer would work?  For example,
>> what if you apply this patch to Bach (assuming you have
>> configured GNOME to play audio using the remote ESD).
>
> Actually no, GNOME plays sound locally since the speaker
> machine isn't always up.  I select the output mode
> manually for each program.

I see, okay.  Maybe you don't want GNOME's `environmental
sound effects' sent to the big speakers?

> But thanks for the patch, I'll test it with Bach and see
> if it works.

Cool.

The other day, my brother and I considered submitting Bach
as a Google Summer of Code project.  I guess we missed the
deadline already, but I would like to work on it anyway.

>>> VLC's support for esd just doesn't work for me, I never managed to
>>> make it use a remote esd server even though everything appears to be
>>> configured properly.
>
>> Would you like to file a bug report?
>
> I like to send detailed bug reports so I'll have to dig a bit in the
> code to see what's happening.  But yeah, definitely.  When I have
> the time.  :-)

Cool, thanks. :-)

>> Well, mpg321 has always supported pausing and seeking.
>
>> So is there anything mpg321 doesn't support?
>
> Ogg files?

Right, okay. :-)

Hmm, maybe it would be a good idea to hack support for
seeking and playback status report into ogg123...

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>