bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Header line flashing away

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: Header line flashing away
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:25:26 +0200

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> The attached solution looks OK to me. Could it cause problems?
>>
>> I believe it could cause a slight problem since it assumes
>> that `bongo-update-header-line-string' is only called in a
>> few controlled situations.  This assumption seems bad.
>
> Is it a bad assumption in practice? Will it ever happen in normal use?

I don't think so.  But it would be really counter-intuitive
if `bongo-update-header-line-string' could only be called in
special situations.  I think. :-)

> Anyway, I'm looking at your code. I can't get it to work,
> maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it /looks/ good!

Hm.  Now I can't get it to work either.

I remember what happened.  First it didn't work, even though
it _should_ have worked.  Then suddenly it started working.

But now it doesn't work again.  I'll play with it a bit and
see if I figure out what's wrong.

> I was thinking kind of in the same way. My idea was that it would
> generally be useful to know whether a stop is between tracks.

I agree.  That may be useful.

> It could be as simple as a variable that is bound non-nil
> in certain functions (like `bongo-play-next'). I don't
> have an example of when this would be useful, though,
> other than with the header line updates. What do you think?

So it would be as simple as renaming the variable
`bongo-defer-status-indicator-updates' to something
more generic?  Something like `bongo-switching-track'?
I guess the macro could be called `bongo-switch-track'.

> Back to your patch. I think that you may need to use
> `with-deferred-bongo-status-indicator-updates' in more
> places, like `bongo-replay-current'.

You're right.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>