cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] Sorry i am a newbie

From: Maxence Guesdon
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] Sorry i am a newbie
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:32:34 +0200

Hi newbie ;-)

> I just feel very tired and disapointed... Till now, i believe i was not
> a newbie. But after my first error i think i am a newbie...
>
> Explanation : i create a branch findlib... and i commit in HEAD... So
> head is find lib and findlib is not findlib...
>
> In other word i need to exchange the file...
>
> If someone could give me a hand. All what has been changed is
> {options,okey,configwin,gpattern,ioxml,ocamlcvs,zoggy2,zoggy}*{META,Makefile}
> + master.Makefile.in + configure + configure.in

I know that you can remove the last revision on a branch of a file, so you
could remove the last revision of the files you commited. But I don't rememeber
how to do this.
Here is another solution: you restore the previous revision for each file you
commited, in a separate directory (that is you do cvs co cameleon in /tmp
for example, then you use cvs up -r 1.x Makefile to restore the previous
revision of Makefile), then copy each restored file to the first cameleon
directory. At last, you commit. Of course, before, you have copied the
findlib files somewhere to use them for a commit in the findlib branch.
Why not do cvs up -r 1.x <file> in your current cameleon directory, you
will ask ? Because then you cannot commit them, since they are marked as
old revisions, or something like that. So you must use another cameleon
directory (the one in /tmp). I think this is the simplest solution.

If someone knowns a better solution, I'd be happy to learn some more about
CVS...

> ps : you can now have a look in HEAD to master.Makefile.in  and the
> different META and Makefile converted... I think they are more explicit
>
> pps : if you want to build, you need to build by hand each modules in
> the order of the previous list and before that, you need to create a
> build dir in the top source dir...

What ? it's not yet automatic ??? :-)

Thanks Sylvain,

Friendly,