cameleon-dev

Re: [cameleon-dev] Sorry maxence - i have lost zoggy email

From: Maxence Guesdon
Subject: Re: [cameleon-dev] Sorry maxence - i have lost zoggy email
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:00:48 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:34:13 +0100
"Sylvain LE GALL" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I switch working on zoggy2... as you have asked me a while in an email.
>
> But, i just discover that i have lost this email :-<

I just sent it to you privately since there was other things in it
and i'm in a hurry...

> I am browsing the source, it seems quite finished. I have a compilation
> problem :
> File "/tmp/camlpp8a1969", line 167, characters 34-50:
> Unbound type constructor GRange.scrollbar

I did not try to compile the lablgtk2 branch for a long time.
It is possible that the recent lablgtk2 snapshot include some incompatible
changes.

> I think it is related to zog_comp_range.ml... I update my debian in
> order to see if it correcting the bug ( if not i will need to do some
> programmation ;-) ). However, i am a bit lost concerning the version of
> lablgtk2 we should use. Mine seems to be 2.2.0+20040113 ( ie 2.2 CVS
> export of 13/01/2004 ).

We should use the latest source snapshot from the lablgtk page.

> I have also modified the header of all file : i change the contact to
> cameleon-dev and the copyright time ( 2002-2004 ). If you want i can
> commit the text of the licence in / in order to reproduce the same
> things for all file. I use headache ( ocaml program / see the humps ).
> It is very powerful and automatically replaces the licence header... It
> is very simple ( i think it will be packaged for debian next monday ).

I know headache (in fact i helped vincent for the name, he's just
on the office near mine). I use headache in my new developments, but
i did not took the time to "upgrade" the old ones. Thanks for doing this ;-)

> Another point : what are you cvs commit policy ?
> - commit only compilable version ?

Yes, definitely. I use "TODO" or "A VOIR" strings in comments so a grep
"TODO" or "A VOIR" show me the things to be done. There is also a TODO
file at the root. And of course a ChangeLog for all changes, and a
Changes.txt file for functional changes (that's the changes that are
given for the next release).

> - on what part are you working ? Should we try not to work on the same
>   part ?

By now, i'm not on it. I made some changes in the main trunk (the one
with lablgtk 1) but not on zoggy.
You can work on zoggy and the other tools in the lablgtk2 branch.
but for the other tools, only the graphical interface should be changed,
orelse the merge will be a nightmaer if we had functionalities in both
branches...

> Ok, update of my distrib is finished... I will try to recompile. OK,
> same error, i need to fix this. I will not commit till you explain how
> you want to work with CVS.

I resend you my jabber id since i made a mistake yesterday...

Regards,

Maxence