certi-devel

RE: [certi-dev] CERTI on FreeBSD

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] CERTI on FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:52:14 +0100

Martin,

> Martin Spott wrote:
>
> > [...] Nevertheless I'll have a closer look at it ....  mmmh, I just
> > ran "ctest -D Experimental" and it seems I've been uploading
> > 'something' ....
>
> Could someone please instruct me wether this had been the
> proper procedure to serve the intended goal ?

I believe I fixed the problem that caused the failure of HLAtypes under
FreeBSD. Many thanks for your cooperation. When you have a chance again,
please re-run the tests to confirm that the problem really disappeared.

Note: The bug was caused by overlapping buffers. I realized that the
memory management on FreeBSD very often (always?) places sequentially
allocated structures A, B into adjacent heap memory blocks, where A has
higher address than B.

Best Regards,
Petr