certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] REGISTER_FEDERATION_SYNCHRONIZATION_POINT

From: Yaomin Fu
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] REGISTER_FEDERATION_SYNCHRONIZATION_POINT
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:05:49 -0400

Erk,

You test code sends out the "Register Federation Synchronization Point" message
5 time within 1 federate process, while my test driver sends out the message
once per federate process.

In your case, the rtia checks the label with a cached list that is local to the federate, therefore it finds the duplication and raises an exception. Since the
exception is handled and passed to the caller, the rtia process is not
terminated.

To make the test more meaningful, you should test multiple calls from different
federates, like I did. In fewer cases, people will try this call repeatedly in
one federate.

The expected behavior of my test is that the rtig callback
FedAmbassador::synchronizationPointRegistrationFailed() method, as specified in
hla 1.3

Besides, I don't believe that the robustness is not necessary for researches.

As a potential user, I expect CERTI can illustrate values to our business, and
also would like to contribute to the development.

Yaomin