certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] REGISTER_FEDERATION_SYNCHRONIZATION_POINT

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] REGISTER_FEDERATION_SYNCHRONIZATION_POINT
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 23:41:10 +0100

2009/11/13 Yaomin Fu <address@hidden>:
> Erk,
>
> You test code sends out the "Register Federation Synchronization Point"
> message
> 5 time within 1 federate process, while my test driver sends out the message
> once per federate process.
>
> In your case, the rtia checks the label with a cached list that is local to
> the
> federate, therefore it finds the duplication and raises an exception. Since
> the
> exception is handled and passed to the caller, the rtia process is not
> terminated.
>
> To make the test more meaningful, you should test multiple calls from
> different
> federates, like I did. In fewer cases, people will try this call repeatedly
> in
> one federate.

Noted.

> The expected behavior of my test is that the rtig callback
> FedAmbassador::synchronizationPointRegistrationFailed() method, as specified
> in hla 1.3

You are right. Like I said you really did hit a bug I do not deny it.

> Besides, I don't believe that the robustness is not necessary for researches.

True and I agree.
That's not what I said.

What I mean is that research grants are limited and sometimes we
have to make choices.
A 100% HLA 1.3/1516 conformance testing (including error handling)
is definitely a good goal, but this is definitely a high price to pay
(because it requires time).

If a project is ready to pay some people to reach this step I'm pretty
sure many people will be pleased.
If a capable [set of] user[s] want to volunteer for that it would be great too.

The current state of CERTI base code reflect what was needed by people/project
who were ready to spend time/money for that.

That's pretty much the same way for other Open Source project that I know.

We started the HLA_TestsSuite something 1 year 1/2 ago in order to be able
to incrementally build regression testing suite (and may be conformance
test suite too) for CERTI, on purpose.

> As a potential user, I expect CERTI can illustrate values to our business,
> and also would like to contribute to the development.

Your are welcome, go ahead in the error handling area I'll review
your patches.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org