certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Java Binding

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI Java Binding
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:35:14 +0100

2009/11/20 Andrej Pancik <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
>  I am working on proof of concept prototype based on DLC API able to
> connect to RTIA (with TCP sockets on MS Windows) and join and resign
> the federation. I will definitely inform you about any relevant
> progress.

OK fine.

>  On a related note I am not sure whether it is possible to use UNIX
> socket natively in Java without JNI. I will look into it later but I
> am pessimistic because of what I have seen so far.

We already did look into this,
It is not possible in portable manner
(unless it has evolved since 1, 2 years but I doubt it because
 as far as I know there is no interest in this feature).

You have to use JNI.
That's the second reason (after the Windows port)
why we did optionnally use TCP socket between Federate and its RTIA.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org