certi-devel

RE: [certi-dev] CERTI Java Binding

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] CERTI Java Binding
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:19:58 +0100

Eric, Andrej,

Just for clarification:

> >  On a related note I am not sure whether it is possible to use UNIX
> > socket natively in Java without JNI. I will look into it later but I
> > am pessimistic because of what I have seen so far.
>
> We already did look into this,
> It is not possible in portable manner
> (unless it has evolved since 1, 2 years but I doubt it because
>  as far as I know there is no interest in this feature).
>
> You have to use JNI.
> That's the second reason (after the Windows port)
> why we did optionnally use TCP socket between Federate and its RTIA.

With respect what we discussed past months
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2009-05/msg00086.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/certi-devel/2009-10/msg00008.html

...and with your current understanding, should the JNI be used to implement the
Java CERTI binding, or is the Python message generator still an option?

Sorry for being confused. ;-) Before this email I thought a native Java
application, implemented using the Python message generator, is the preferred
option.

Best Regards,
Petr