certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Requesting object attribute values for attributes that n

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Requesting object attribute values for attributes that no-one has ever owned
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 14:46:19 +0100

2012/3/2 Timi Tuohenmaa <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> It looks to me that sending requestObjectAttributeValueUpdate() for
> multiple attributes where some of the attributes are owned by no-one
> (and has never been owned) it sends request to owner of the object
> even though owner has not published such an attribute.

This looks like a bug, could you file a bug report for that
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=certi

> In my understanding requesting such unowned attributes should go to
> bit heaven and those attributes that are owned by someone will get the
> requests.

Likewise requesting an unpublished attribute should not do trigger
an update for this attribute.

> I admit that I haven't made too good testing about this
> issue so if you say this should work, I'll make real tests.

No I think it may not have been thoroughly tested by us.

> However  using Portico the same code works without sending
> requests for unowned attributes.

+1 for Portico then.

> For the most parts Portico and CERTI seems to works the same (as
> should of course) :)

No we are definitely better
Just kidding of course :-]

Can I ask why you tried CERTI if you used Portico before?
Or may be you are doing some comparison between RTI?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org