certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Supported platforms

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Supported platforms
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:48:02 +0200

2013/9/2 Mattias Helsing <address@hidden>:
> I've compiled with on Ubuntu 12.04 using gcc-4.6.3 and with MinGW
> unknown gcc version and Windows XP with msvc2005 and 2010. Using
> Ubuntu or other distro isn't as important as the gcc version. And if
> it compiles with any recent (as in not ancient) gcc it shouldn't be
> any problems to compile with other version of gcc. I would expect at
> most that you would need to add an additional include (typically
> string or stdlib
>  headers) here and there. I wouldn't expect much hazzle to compile
> certi with LLVM either. Just go ahead and try it and report problems
> here.
> Actually the most hazzle I ever had with CERTI was to find and set up
> flex and bison on the windows platform.

Thank you all for those answer.

I'll add my 2 cents.

We (CERTI developers) try hard to make CERTI compile on any kind of platform
which is equipped with a not-too-old C++ and C compiler.

Lex/Yacc compatible parser generator are used to produce the .fed parser
libxml2 is used to parse xml files.

Besides that, since we rely on CMake as a build system the platform should
be supported by CMake.

We build CERTI on various Linux distribution (RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu,
CentOS, etc...)
and Windows (XP, 7, 8) with various compilers (gcc, clang, MinGW,
Visual Studio, etc...)

The baseline is:
   Try to compile CERTI from source using your target
platform/compiler, if you have any issue
we will try to fix it with your help.
   We cannot do that ourself but anyone can submit a
compile/build/test on the CERTI dashboard:
   http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=CERTI.

The current dashboard is using free hosting which limits the number of
possible submission,
we may switch to unlimited submission dashboard. If someone is
submitting a dashboard entry
we try to keep it "green" between two CERTI release.

The next CERTI release will be 3.4.2 and it should be out in september.
Anyone which wants to test the forthcoming 3.4.2 should try current CVS head.

I'll make a more "formal" "testing required" call when I'm done fixing
the bug/new features
that should be included in 3.4.2.

--
Erk