certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Fwd: Unsubscribing objectclasses on run causes problems

From: Stefan Puch
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:34:00 +0100

Hi Timi,

are you using CERTI  with HLA 1.3 or HLA 1516? If you are using the latter you
should take a look at link below concerning the HLA implementation status.

When using named objects in HLA 1516 (regarding the standard) it is necessary to
reserve and release an instance name of an object at RTI before registering /
removing an object instance at RTI. That a federate registers an object instance
is required if another federate (that subscribed to that object class) will be
able to discover an instance.
Looking into the document you can see, that "Release Object Instance Name" is
not jet implemented (if document is up to date, because I didn't take a look
into the source code), so an reserved name be reserved until the federation is
destroyed. Maybe this explains your observed problem.

http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/doc/CERTI-HLA-ImplementationStatusList.ods?root=certi&view=log

Kind regards
Stefan

--
| Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Puch   <Master degree in computer science>  |