certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Unsubscribing objectclasses on run causes problems

From: Eric Noulard
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:53:51 +0100

2013/12/11 Timi Tuohenmaa <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed a problem when some federate executes unsubscribe to
> objectclass that it has had subscribed earlier.
>
> If that objectclass had named objects when unsubscribe were executed
> it never heard that object was removed and therefore thinks that
> selected name was still reserved for later use.

I'm not sure I get it.
subscribing  is different from registering so name is reserved
when you do registerObjectInstance not when subscribing/unsubscribing.

I'll check the code for name reservation handling.
Did you

registerObjectInstance
and
deleteObjectInstance

> Interestingly creating object with such (mistakenly) reserved name
> causes creation of such object to federation but that single federate
> thinks create failed.

You mean that other federate can create object with the concerned name
but the one which was previously subscribing to it?

> I had pretty complex program where I noticed this, but from logs it
> looked like it missed removes even internally. Obviously I can't be
> sure if this was exactly the problem behind, but it helped that I
> changed logic that program only unsubscribed on quit.
>
> (using new 3.4.2, but problem existed in 3.4.1 too)

Would you be kind enough to file a  but report for that please?