cfengine-develop

Re: [Cfengine-develop] Stable and development versions

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Cfengine-develop] Stable and development versions
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:50:34 +0000

Quoting Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> (2003-03-07 03:32:43 GMT):
> Mark Burgess <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Sounds great, but one reason for starting this group is to shield
> > myself from some of this bug-fixing noise. I would like to see a
> > split between
> >
> > * patches that are bug fixes
> > * patches that are feature requests
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=cfengine
>
> This of course will require an announcement from Mark to the mailing
> lists, the Patch Manager is ready to be used at the URL posted above,
> if you want to create "categories" for patches tell me and I can set
> them up.  I configured it to send email to bug-cfengine when a new
> patch is submitted.

The two categories (bugfix and feature) that Mark suggested would be
useful.

One of the reasons I post to bug-cfengine rather than emailing Mark
is that I want others who have the same problem as I've just fixed to
be able to Google for it. I dobut anyone except Mark is very
interested in the patches I post /per se/ but they may very well be
concerned with the problem they aim to solve. Does your system have
any way to send the patch description to the list whilst keeping the
patch itself aside?

> > What we are doing now is exactly what I was hoping to avoid --
> > i.e. writing long emails that I have little time to read carefully
> > and then misunderstanding one another. Everything is so much easier
> > when we can look each other in the eye.
>
> I understand, but I think this would be a little difficult, we have
> people in Norway, England, USA and Netherlands.
>
> Any ideas how we could get all together?

.nl seems to be the cheapest option. It's about 300 UKP to get to
Norway from here but only half that for Amsterdam. (Of course, I'd be
even more pleased if you all decided to come to lovely Durham!)

--
ROCKALL
SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8, VEERING NORTHWEST