cgitechs-public

[Cgitechs-public] colic

From: Valentine Christian
Subject: [Cgitechs-public] colic
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:02:41 +0200

It was a very strange place, different from anyother that I have seen.
Our journey, Lord, he replied, with a stare of surprise. For days past I have read it in their faces. All the circumstances of the business were unnatural.
Oh, certainly, I answered, adding with inward doubt, and that ofHans and the hunters also. No; although so like him, it seemed impossible, for howwould they have got here? But of the second as much could not be said.
I dont believe there are any elephants, went on Hans withconviction. Or if there seem to be elephants, then I believe thatthey are really ghosts that put on that shape. However, if theBaas does not mind, I dont. When we return we shall need no map, said Tom in a hollow voice.
We undertook this journey; let us play the manand go through with it to the end. The Baas will remember that Kanekepromised us some more porters, and these are the men. Also I did not wish; I was too muchafraid.
Just then one of thehunters looked back and gasped out:Lord, the elephants are beginning to run.
I dont know whats thematter with all you fellows.
Or if there seem to be elephants, then I believe thatthey are really ghosts that put on that shape. We will sleep here tonightand return tomorrow to the camp.
Nor indeed do I believe anything of this story, like those sillyhunters.
Our journey, Lord, he replied, with a stare of surprise. Still, if the Baas has any doubts, perhaps he would like to go andsee. But each of them, when we had passed it, fell in behind the bigbull and marched after it.
He smiled in his slow fashion, and answered:As others have done and do.
Only how in Heavens namedid he know anything about it? Because they think you are a wizard, Kaneke.
Everything was prepared, even theloads were apportioned among the new porters.
Towards sunset we lost thespoor in a thick patch of forest. Henceforward, until we reach the land of mypeople I will take command and arrange for everything. Then Hans rose and snatched the bottle out of Kanekes hand.
Well, perhaps one day you will behunted and I shall laugh at you.
That is quite clear to theBaas, and to me who am a better Christian than either of you. More than once I wished to return, as did Hans who, like myself sawno use in this adventure.
Now I felt that the time had come for me to put my foot down, and Idid so with firmness. Is your brain going soft as a rottencoconut, like those of Tom and Jerry?
Thus they wrangled on till they were tired. It was a very strange place, different from anyother that I have seen.