cgitechs-public

[Cgitechs-public] pinstripe

From: Natalie Grant
Subject: [Cgitechs-public] pinstripe
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:38:11 -0600

When someone praised Lucys playing, Pauline usuallysaid: Oh, yes, all the Gayhearts are musical!
I have animportant appointment with a man up in Harlem.
I dont like to see young people with talenttake it too seriously. Gullford went slowly along the shore, considering what was to bedone. I have found out that I cant runaway from my own feelings, she wrote.
Women like Pauline have a secret respect forromantic chapters. That was why he was always short of money, and whyPauline had to raise onions.
Those splendours were still on earth, to besought after and fought for. And why, she wondered, as she walked home blindly, her eyes turnedinward, would it mean so much?
Gayheart was very apt to say thatshe must stop first at the shop and do her practising. She gave the old songs, even the most hackneyed, their full value. One thing she watched for, every afternoon.
On the veryday she arrived she ran after Lucy on the street, in a grass-greencap and sweater.
Gayheart was out of the measurement altogether.
Lucy wanted to beup there on the stage with her, helping her do it.
The only way for me, is todo the things I used to do and to do them harder. Lucy had earned nothing during her first two winters inChicago.
Gayheart paid for her lessons and her livingexpenses.
She forgot to look where she put her feet;they took care of themselves.
She began to notice things about the country thatshe had never taken much heed of before. Lucy wanted to beup there on the stage with her, helping her do it.
Perhaps by March she wouldhave lost her courage and be sunk in apathy again. People werefeeling sorry for the Gayhearts.
So youkept Fathers cheque stubs, Pauline? Harry kept that sideof himself well hidden.
If there is too much to do here, getone of Kohlmeyers daughters to help you. While Pauline was washing the dishes she cried a little, shed a fewwaxy tears that came hard. The driver noticed something, out where the ice was bad;he said it looked like a red scarf. Pouring himself a drink,he swallowed it slowly. The country looked very dreary, certainly. Herskate had caught in the fork of a submerged tree, half-buried insand by the spring flood. Harry, could you give me a lift as far as Thompsons pasture?
From his manner Lucy could see that he was looking forward to thisentertainment. You coddled her as if she were a superior being, andshe treated you like the housekeeper. Gullford went slowly along the shore, considering what was to bedone. Gayhearttwo or three evenings every week.
I wonder if sheknows the old skating-place was ruined last spring when the riverchanged its bed?