Re: [Chicken-users] Debian bugs

From: tonyg
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Debian bugs
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 17:10:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hmm... some of these things may be more debianish than generic. But
still, it's brilliant that there's at least one other person trying to
get Chicken running on HPPA :-)

Shame they are using 0.990 though - I am using 0.1064 on all three
architectures.

#150901 - -ffunction-sections on HPPA

Well, I've been building "okay" - in that the compiles and links work
- without it. This might be because I'm using HP ld rather than GNU
ld... but that's purely hypothetical (I don't know if the bug reporter
is using GNU ld or not). "-ffunction-sections" doesn't look like it's
anything to do with correctness-of-code, so it's unlikely to be
causing my SEGVs and bus errors.

#142021 - fails miserably on ia64

It's crashing at the same command as HPPA is - "./chicken csi.scm ..."
- but it's almost certainly crashing at a completely different
place. There are problems here with sizeof(pointer) != sizeof(integer)
I suppose...

#138756 - crashing "chicken csi.scm" on ARM

Hmm, symptoms seem rather similar to those I'm seeing on HP/UX,
actually. Perhaps it's the same fault? If so, I'd wager that ARM also
uses an ascending stack, and that the problem is somewhere in the
stack-manipulation code :-)

Tony
--
"Rather than go see a real small town for free, he had paid money to
see a pretend one, and rather than see it with the naked eye he was