[Chicken-users] chickenlib

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] chickenlib
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 13:35:02 +0100

Hi all. I've been revising socket.scm et al. recently, and I've just
uploaded a snapshot which replaces the old versions of socket.scm
etc. I had available.

You can get it from http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/~tonyg/chicken/, and
if you have any questions, comments, bug-reports etc., you can reach
me via either this list or address@hidden

>From the webpage:

    * Database connectivity modules - db.scm, based on Oleg Kiselyov's
      db-util.scm, and drivers for a few databases:

          o oracle.scm
          o mysql.scm

    * Networking libraries:

          o socket.scm - low- and higher-level interfaces to BSD
            sockets (AF_UNIX and AF_INET)

          o plt-net.scm - PLT (mzscheme) compatibility routines,
            layered on top of socket.scm

          o multiplex.scm - Mailboxes for interthread communications,
            and a select()-driven multiplexor for socket I/O. This
            allows threads to do "blocking" reads without really
            blocking all the other threads in the process - the
            multiplexor uses select() to awaken blocked threads as
            necessary. A simple multi-threaded "eval" server is
            included as an example.

          o md5-openssl.scm - A binding to the OpenSSL MD5 library

    * lalr v0.9 - Mark Johnson's 1993 LALR(1) parser generator

    * readline.scm - A binding to GNU readline (note - GPLed!). Makes
      using csi more fun :-)

    * scmake a quick, ugly, buggy, incomplete experiment in writing a
      "make" tool in scheme

Cheers,
  Tony
--
Monkeys high on math -- some of the best comedy on earth
        - Tom Lord, regarding comp.lang.scheme