[Chicken-users] CVS update

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] CVS update
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:36:41 +0100

Hello!

The current CVS version features a couple of new things:

1) The scheduler and threading system has been seriously overhauled
   (scheduling performance is now independent on the number of blocked
   threads).
2) A new script interpreter named `scheme-chicken' is provided.
   (so the header line in a Scheme script can be "#!/usr/bin/env
scheme-chicken",
   for example - so we don't need an absolute path. The interpretation
   is like in normal SRFI-22 scripts: the toplevel procedure `main'
   is called with the complete list of command-line arguments).
   Chicken knows how to compile this.
3) Several bugfixes. Thanks to Joerg for his help!

One question: when the compiler compiles scripts (with a she-bang
header-line) should it automatically declare all library units as
used, which are normally provided by the interpreter? Otherwise
one would have to add `(declare (uses ...))' or `require'. Letting
the compiler do this, would make things a bit more transparent.
On the other hand, we might not need all those libs.
Any suggestions would be welcome.