Re: [Chicken-users] CVS update

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CVS update
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:46:00 +0100

Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

Yes, there are always cases where you want to reduce to the mimimal set of
libraries. This option will be more acceptable for people aiming at easy
(transparent you said above) use when it becomes easier to determine which
libraries are needed (or at least which library functions are missing). For
example: I tried to reduce libraries for a large compiled program and used
-explicit-use with csc; the compiled program just reported sys#errror-hook
undefined and I could not figure out which libraries I missed.

Right. -explicit-use is really only for hard-core tuning (BTW,
##sys#error-hook is in the `library' unit). It's mostly useful if
you don't need the evaluator, but you *have* to declare `library'
as used (unless you want to code completely in ##core#inline
and/or ##core#primitive forms).