Re: [Chicken-users] c-pointer returns

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] c-pointer returns
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:18:35 +0200

Peter Wang wrote:
The manual says the following about the c-pointer type specifier:

   An untyped operating-system pointer or a locative. The value #f is
   also allowed and is passed as a NULL pointer. If uses as the type of
   a return value, a NULL pointer will be returned as #f.

But AFAICT, c-pointer actually generates the same code as
nonnull-c-pointer when used as a return type.  Is that right?

Right. This is, in fact, a bug. A return-type of `c-pointer' should
return #f on a null-pointer. I will fix this. Thanks.

Btw, as this is my first message, thanks for writing Chicken :-)

You're welcome!