RE: [Chicken-users] [ANN] Scheme API to Sedna XML database system

From: Jonah Beckford
Subject: RE: [Chicken-users] [ANN] Scheme API to Sedna XML database system
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:52:34 -0400

Amazing!  I had just spent the last month trying to find a good way to do
XQuery and XML databases through Scheme, and here you have an XQuery
solution written in Scheme and my favourite Scheme implementation: Chicken.
(I would have spent months trying to wrap and extend IBM's xqnsta tool to
get only 1/10 of the distance you already have).

For those that don't know XQuery, it is the most promising and flexible
means of manipulating XML (think XSL on steroids).  For Schemers, it is a
snap to pick up because it is a functional language.  Some things that I
like particularly about Sedna:  1) the Sedna database uses DataGuides, which
are the most promising (again!) XML backend, allowing both easy indexing and
schema-less XML, and 2) the XQuery implementation actually optimizes, which
is something you very rarely see in other XQuery implementations.

Great work guys!

Jonah Beckford