[Chicken-users] Modules again

From: Grzegorz Chrupała
Subject: [Chicken-users] Modules again
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:42:22 +0200

Hi all,
I have come across a mystifying error message while using modules. The
following code illustrates it:

(module foo
  (make-lv let-lv)

  (define (make-lv id) (vector 'lv id))

  (define-syntax let-lv
    (syntax-rules ()
      ((_ (id ...) body ...)
       (let ((id (make-lv 'id)) ...) body ...))))
;; The line below causes the error
  (define _ (let-lv (_) _))
  )

This gives "Error: call of non-procedure: #;> "
SISC gives the same message so it looks like I'm using the psyntax
modules in a wrong way, however, I have no idea what that could
possibly be.
If I comment out the last definition, the code works as expected. If I
include _ as an (second or third, but not first) element in the export
list it works too. Any ideas?

Grzegorz Chrupała | http://pithekos.net | address@hidden
To describe religions as mind viruses is sometimes interpreted as
contemptuous or even hostile. It is both.
                           -- Richard Dawkins, A Devil's Chaplain