Re: [Chicken-users] static libraries in Linux

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] static libraries in Linux
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:42:47 +0200

Andrey Fomichev wrote:
[...]
$ chicken a.scm
compiling `a.scm' ...
$ gcc -c `chicken-config -static -cflags` a.c

the above is fine

$ gcc `chicken-config -static -libs` a.o

but this can't work, because you pass the chicken libraries to the linker before the program -- I do not really know why this messes up the linking process, but it's not a problem with chicken but rather with GNU's ld. I've encountered the same problem with C programs I wrote. Simply replace the above command with
        $ gcc a.o `chicken-config -static -libs`

and it should work. But I would suggest building the program like this anyway:
        $ csc -static a.scm

which does all the work for you.

[...]

cu,