[Chicken-users] FFI problems

From: Alex Drummond
Subject: [Chicken-users] FFI problems
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:28:45 +0000

Hello,

Firstly, I expect my problem stems from being confused about the difference
between the following foreign type specifiers:

c-pointer
(c-pointer void)
pointer
(pointer void)

My problem is getting some FFI code to compile, for example

; Define a foreign type for the opaque GObject structure.
(define-foreign-type g-object c-pointer)
; Create a binding to the g_object_get_property function
(define g-object-get-property
  (foreign-lambda g-value "g_object_get_property"
    (g-object self)
    ((const c-string) property-name)))

for which csc gives the error "illegal foreign return type `g-value'". If it
makes any difference, I'm using a recent CVS build of Chicken because it
fixes the debug extension.

I'd really appreciate any help with this :)
Alex