Re: [Chicken-users] define-syntax available *by default*?

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] define-syntax available *by default*?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:29:12 -0400

On Oct 26, 2004, at 6:16 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

Hi all.

Would it cause a lot of pain to switch on the standard syntax-rules (and possibly also syntax-case) macro systems by default in csi and csc?

Do you know of a practical introduction to syntax-rules? Lisp macros have a big advantage over Scheme macros in that there seems to be a lot more documentation available. I didn't have a preference, but I wound up learning classic Lisp macros, because I could find many, good examples to work from.

That said, as long as define-macro is available, I have no problem with you suggestion.

Ed

--
Watkeys Product Design * http://watkeys.com/
address@hidden * +1 215 694 4201