Re: [Chicken-users] newbie can't stop spiffy

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] newbie can't stop spiffy
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 19:07:39 +0100

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:13:57AM -0500, Larry White wrote:
> Hi, I'm brand new to this and was wondering if someone could give me a
> quick hint.  I'm running spiffy in the interpreter but don't know  how
> to stop it.  I've tried Ctrl-c.

You normally can't just stop it without also killing the interpreter.  Either
start it as a background process (there's the Unix shell script functionality
to be able to start it as a process), or if you want to stay in the
interpreter, run it as a thread (or fork).  You might want to take a look at
srfi-18.

To kill the process itself you can always (p)kill the interpreter process
from which Spiffy was started.

HTH,
Peter
--