Re: [Chicken-users] Multithreading test

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Multithreading test
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 16:53:42 +0200

On 5/14/05, Zbigniew <address@hidden> wrote:
> That should read, returning #f is pretty standard for normal functions
> that return one value.  For example, assq does not throw an exception
> when it fails, and doing so would seem excessive.  So why should
> multiple-valued functions be any different?

If failure is not frequent, I usually use an exception. The other
methods mostly depend on style, I guess.

One solution not given in your list is CPS: call a continuation
procedure in case of success (with some arguments) or return
#f on failure.
(Incidentally, this will likely to be the fastest solution on Chicken
which uses CPS internally anyway)