Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:00:40 -0000

Am 29.09.2005, 01:21 Uhr, schrieb Alex Shinn <address@hidden>:

[...]
However, the docs[1] are incomplete to the point of being almost
non-existant, I haven't been able to find simple examples anywhere,
and the source is huge and dense.  But if you understand it I'd be
happy to help! :)
[...]

Hello,

this is precisely why I have been using cryptlib, which is very well documented, instead. But cryptlib is infrequently updated, although it has bugs as well of course, and it is not nearly as widespread as OpenSSL.

I will just try to dig into OpenSSL deeper to find a nice way of making it work with CHICKEN. The man-pages have become better since I last browsed through them, but they still resemble reverse engeneering guidelines more than real documentation ;)

When I am programming this binding, I will probably try to make its interface compatible to the SSL-API offered by PLT Scheme -- so if I'm having trouble I can still consult the source of MzScheme.

cu,
Thomas