Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)

From: Will M. Farr
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:06:53 -0400

+1. Scheme seems inherently well-suited to this kind of model, esp.
given continuations and the plentiful supply of syntatic sugar.
(Reading Twisted code can be painful at times; I suspect that a Scheme
equivalent would bear much more readable and manageable code.)

This bears the question: is there anything comparable to the Twisted
framework (monolithic process with async IO, continuation-like
application design) in the Scheme world? Clearly the foundation is
there, I just wonder if anyone has "packaged the concept" as the
Twisted developers have.

I don't know what Twisted is, but you might have a look at Termite (mentioned in this blog http://patricklogan.blogspot.com/2005/07/termite-lisp-for-distributed- computing.html ); it sounds like what you're talking about done in Gambit-C.

Will