Re: [Chicken-users] How do you use Chicken?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How do you use Chicken?
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 08:12:16 +0100

On 11/23/05, Ralph Allan Rice <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been monitoring the list for a couple of months now.  I am
> curious about the type of projects or applications that everyone has
> been creating using Chicken.   I've seen some of the applications
> listed at http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/software.html,
> but I was wondering about others.

Hi, Ralph!

I'm using Chicken mostly to program Chicken. ;-)
But apart from that I use it for many day-to-day scripts, networking
tools and mini-applications.
Since it is relatively easy to cross-compile code generated by
chicken, I got the chance to use it in a few GUI demos. The company
I work for does embedded Linux programming/consulting and
I wrote a simple demo (SDL-based) for a trade-fair that runs on this:
http://www.fs-net.de/Home_Eng/Products/NetDCU/NetDCU6/netdcu6.html.