[Chicken-users] chicken-setup on windows, chars in CHICKEN_HOME

From: Dan
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-setup on windows, chars in CHICKEN_HOME
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 01:37:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

chicken-setup fails with the informative error message
"fprintf: illegal character #\1" when CHICKEN_HOME
contains a "~" character. Given the common usage of
progra~1 to keep UNIX programs happy on windows, this
is pretty annoying (as in, I have wasted a few hours
to figure this one out).

And the mailing list subscription system, which
neither sends me a confirmation e-mail nor lets me in
directly (after submiting the form)? Don't even get me
started :)

-- Dan

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com