Re: Documentation (was Re: [Chicken-users] How to use prelude?)

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: Documentation (was Re: [Chicken-users] How to use prelude?)
Date: 29 May 2006 13:32:37 -0300

On Mon, 29 May 2006 03:12:06 -0700 (PDT) Dan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just a small observation -- the propensity for long,
> complicated URL's isn't a win. Typing the full
> www.call/cc.org is a pain; the galinha site is also
> not something I can memorize, and the same goes for
> the united freaks site.

Just for the sake of curiosity and documentation of "weird" things:

- galinha is chicken in portuguese;

- ucpel stands for "Universidade Católica de Pelotas" or, in english,
  "Catholic University of Pelotas";

- tche is a network to which UCPel is connected
  (http://www.tche.br). It's a network which connects some
  universities of the south of Brazil to the Internet. "Tche" is a
  kind of slang used in some cities of the south of Brazil, specially
  in Rio Grande do Sul, state where Pelotas is located -- I guess it's
  derived from "che", a spanish word.

- br means Brazil (or Brasil, which is Brazil in portuguese).

I don't think it will make any difference to the memorization of the
URL.  Just to explain why the address is such a funny string. :-)

Best wishes,
Mario