Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.css and chicken.pdf

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken.css and chicken.pdf
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:17:31 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> I notice that the 2.315 tarball does not distribute chicken.css.  Oddly,
> I cannot grep any reference to chicken.css in the source tree.  Once
> upon a time I thought I saw something in a generated ./configure file
> somewhere for it, but now I can't find it.  Please explain its purpose?
> It looks like some kind of double secret implicit makeinfo sort of thing.

It's physically incorporated into the HTML files of the Chicken manual.

> Also chicken.pdf is distributed but there's no way in the Darcs tree to
> build it as far as I can see.  Please rectify so that CMake can create
> tarballs with chicken.pdf in 'em.

The trouble is that carrying around a portable PDF-generation program
is more trouble than it's worth.

--
All Gaul is divided into three parts: the part          John Cowan
that cooks with lard and goose fat, the part            http://ccil.org/~cowan